LinkedIn Invitations: I need an easier way to IGNORE (or flag)

September 27th, 2012 | by Jason Alba |

Check out this Profile, which looks fake to me:

When I get the email from LinkedIn, I can “accept the invitation.”

If I want to check out the person’s page, I can “Accept invitation.”

But what if I don’t want to?

I would LOVE a link to IGNORE from the email AND from the Profile page, when I’m checking it out.  Otherwise it is too easy for me to be lazy and accept, or to just not do anything.

1. 7 Responses to “LinkedIn Invitations: I need an easier way to IGNORE (or flag)”

2. By Joel Ungar on Sep 28, 2012 | Reply

I’m with you on this one. Definitely fake. Never thought of your point.

And I supposed I should be happy I’m not getting these fake connection requests.

3. By Will Kintish on Sep 28, 2012 | Reply

Jason
    Personally, I don’t have a problem with invitations. If I know them fine. If I am not sure, I ask them to remind me where we met ( 80+% never reply) and the suspicious ones get an ignore or a report as spam.

This is my view on who I will accept from

Best Wishes

Will

4. By Jason Alba on Sep 28, 2012 | Reply

Will, I’m not talking about invitations in general, I’m talking about the process of NOT accepting invitations.

Clearly this is one of many spam accounts. This post is about how it is a pain to do anything but accept the invitation, not the quality vs quantity debate.

Do you have a link to your view that isn’t a pdf?

5. By Jason Alba on Sep 28, 2012 | Reply

Joel, I’m sure it’s a matter of time… I’ve seen an increase is fake accounts over the last year that are trying to connect. Like this one, with 229 connections, they are getting traction.

I’ve also seen more fake accounts in Groups than I would like to see. I block and report, but they are all over.

As LI becomes more popular the bad guys / spammers are coming like flies to honey (do flies really go to honey?)

6. By bert on Sep 28, 2012 | Reply

Just accept and delete straight after. They won’t notice.

7. By Jason Alba on Dec 4, 2012 | Reply

@Bert – deleting is a pain… you have to go to a different screen (first click), then wait for the box to come up and click the letter of the person’s last name (second click), then click the checkbox of the person you just accepted (third click), then click the remove button (fourth click).

It would be much cooler if LI just added the link/button in the right place to do something other than Accept :)

2. Dec 4, 2012: I’m On LinkedIn – Now What??? » Blog Archive » I need to decline or block (and report for spam) LinkedIn invitations!