This webinar includes over 15 sessions on using LinkedIn designed to help you in your job search. Most sessions are about six minutes long, but I spend 25 minutes evaluating five different LinkedIn Profiles.
As you go through this webinar you’ll understand what each section of LinkedIn is – how to use it, why to use it, what is important, etc.
This barely fit on one DVD, so is not available for download (it’s over 3GB). It plays on a PC, Mac and DVD player. Here are the chapters/sections:
- Profile Review Part I – Above the Fold – I critique the top part of five LinkedIn Profiles, and make suggestions on how they can make them stronger, and increase the chances of being found in search results.
- Profile Review Part II – Below the Fold – I critique the rest of the five LinkedIn Profiles, specifically the stuff that you see when you scroll down (education, work history, etc.)
- Applications – To wrap up the “LinkedIn Profile” stuff, I had to talk about the new “LinkedIn Applications,” and what I suggest you do as a professional.
- Account and Settings – It’s a big menu page, but what do you need to worry about? We’ll go over some of the things I recommend you pay attention to.
- Getting and Giving Recommendations – How to get and give LinkedIn Recommendations.
- Answers – Asking Questions – Ask questions in LinkedIn as a part of your networking and personal branding strategy. Here’s how.
- Answers – Answering Questions – Not ready to commit to asking questions regularly? Answering questions is also very powerful, and doesn’t come with any regular commitment.
- Searching – If you aren’t using advanced search, you are missing a big part of LinkedIn. There are a few simple tricks that can take you a long ways in LinkedIn.
- Browsing Connections – Your first degree connections might have some golden contacts for you – here’s one way of finding people you need to network your way into.
- Exporting Connections – Exporting your contacts is one of the four things I talk about in my seminar. Here’s why and how.
- Growing Your Network – I had 5 first degree contacts when I first got started, and that was a huge mistake. Instead of saying “get thousands,” we say “get the right connections, and here’s what that means!”
- Groups – Groups for the job search? Absolutely, and strategically! We talk about how to find Groups and what to do once you are a member.
- Staying Current – I’m on LinkedIn — Now What Blog – Some info on how to keep up with current LinkedIn information, as well as communicate with others regarding issues we blog about.
- Company Pages – The Company feature in LinkedIn is amazing… AMAZING. I think it’s the second best thing they’ve done, next to Answers, for a user like me. Eventually it could eclipse the value of Answers… !
- Jobs – Looking for a job in LinkedIn’s job search area? Here are some things to know.
- Introductions and Communication – how to, when to, why to communicate with people in LinkedIn’s communication tools.
- Conclusion – Some final thoughts on LinkedIn, LinkedIn in your job search, etc.
Price: $49.95 + S&H