Wednesday I finished recording the videos for the second edition of the LinkedIn DVD. It’s now at the video editing shop. I hope to have my DVDs in hand when I go to to a conference at the end of April… and ship out all the pre-orders before I head out.
Here are the sections of the LinkedIn DVD:
- Introduction – including some concepts and terminology to help you get more out of the DVD and your LinkedIn strategy.
- Home Page – so easy to overlook but usually opportunity to get value. I show you how.
- Profile: Above the Fold – First impression? Are you findable? Is your Profile turning people off? This section is quite valuable.
- Profile: Summary – so many summaries are INSUFFICIENT or BORING. I tell you how to fix that.
- Profile: Below the Fold – More opportunity to brand yourself and increase the chance of being found, but so many people miss the opportunities.
- Profile: Applications – More than the 2 I usually talk about – what Apps are important and why.
- Profile: Add a Video - Step-by-step visual of how to get a video on your Profile (like you can see on my profile, or on Walter Akana’s Profile – you have to be logged in and click on the FULL PROFILE to see the video).
- Companies – GOLD! There’s GOLD in LinkedIn Companies. Learn why.
- Groups – Groups are powerful but misleading… learn what the value is, what to do, and what NOT to do.
- Jobs - I wish there was more value here… nonetheless, LinkedIn Jobs still provides an opportunity you don’t get elsewhere. Learn what’s important here.
- Advanced People Search – If you aren’t using the advanced people search you aren’t using LinkedIn. Don’t just get an account, look for key contacts!
- Communicating with Others – once you find a key contact, how do you communicate with them? Here are the mechanisms and my formula for what communications should include.
- Recommendations – How to get them, how to give them. What makes Recommendations valuable.
- Answers: Asking Questions – DO THIS. Regularly. Learn how to do it the right way and not become NOISE to your network.
- Answers: Answering Questions – Less commitment but still valuable. You should be expert in something – prove it.
- Manage Your Settings – There are a few settings and such in here that you should know about.
- Browse Connections – Have you used this feature to strategically find more key contacts? If not, you need to.
- BONUS: Now, 10 Things to Do – now that you’ve watched the DVD here are 10 actionable things you can do TODAY.
- BONUS: 20 Questions – 20 frequently asked questions, in a speed-answering session. This was fun to do
- BONUS: Export Contacts – You should export your contacts… read this if you don’t know why.
- BONUS: Cleaning the Export – once you export your contacts you should clean up the file because, well, it’s a mess. Here’s what you do to clean it up.
- BONUS: Importing to JibberJobber – You are a job seeker – you should be on JibberJobber… here’s what you can do with the imported file.
Have you gotten yours yet? Get it here.