Amber Mac wrote a short article on Fast Company with the five LinkedIn tips you didn’ t know (see list here).
- Use “Signal” to discover relevant news and information. I kind of like Signal, but I think it just adds to the information overload issue most of us have. Having said that, I’ve found some cool information from Signal/News… so I won’t discount it. But it’s not my go-to place for anything…
- Export your connections. You already know about this – I’ve been preaching it for years and years
- Create a resume. This is from a LinkedIn App, and could be useful, but if you write a Profile the way I like to see one, it will make for a poor resume. Resumes and LI Profiles, imho, have different purposes, different audiences, and thus have different language.
- Start and use groups. Yes, definitely! But you already knew this, right?
- Customize your URL. Definitely. It is super easy, and valuable. Check out a post from Walt Feigensen on customizing your URL here. I talk about this in my DVD and book, of course, and think it’s low-hanging-fruit-must-do.
So there you go – five supposed secrets, but you already knew some