I’m a member of a lot of groups… almost 50 (which is the limit). Some of them are awesome, others are beyond useless.
One, in particular, ONLY has discussion spam. So I went to the Group page to get out – no more spam from them and I free up one of my 50 slots.
The only problem is I couldn’t find out how to leave the Group from the Group page – I poked around quite a bit, and I hope I just couldn’t see it, nonetheless, I think the only way to leave a LinkedIn Group is to do this:
- Click on Groups from the top main menu,
- Find the Group you want to leave and click on the Actions link, for a drop-down
- Select “Leave Group,” and then confirm you really want to leave when the popup pops… up.
I would suggest you stay in Groups unless you have a compelling reason to leave, which might be:
- Because of spam, like my issue, or
- Because you are at your limit and there is another Group that you really need to join.