This morning I’m going through my old invitations to and accepting them … being out of town so much really took me out of the loop.
As I look at these invitations I started thinking about the makeup of my LinkedIn network… here’s what I can think of off the top of my head:
- People who have read my books or articles
- People who have heard me speak in person or on webinars or teleseminars
- JibberJobber users (I don’t get as many invites from JJ users as I would have thought)
- Unemployed professionals
- Career professionals, such as resume writers, career coaches, etc.
- Another class of recruiters, which are those coming from Dave Mendoza’s list (Dave recommends me to recruiters, so every once in a while I’ll get hundreds of invitations out of the blue from his followers)
That’s it off the top of my head… it’s a very diverse group. I have only sent a handful of LinkedIn invitations out as I haven’t proactively grown my network much – I haven’t needed to.
What about you – what types of people are in your network, and are you happy with the mix? Does it make sense for you to have that type of mix?